Cleary School’s Listening and Spoken Language Preschool Program offers specialized support for children with hearing loss aged 3-5 years. Children learn in a small class setting along with typical hearing peers. The program provides focused attention to auditory skills, spoken language, conversational competency and early literacy development through a combination of structured/natural learning tasks and play-based activities. Children receive daily individual therapy from speech-language pathologists.
Students in the Listening and Spoken Language Program participate in a variety of specials. Communication goals follow the children to physical education provided in a full sized gymnasium or outdoor play space. Through the use of musical instruments, rhythm, music and songs the children sing and dance their way to become better communicators in Music Together® classes lead by certified leaders.
Literacy goals are enhanced with weekly visits to the school library.
- Full Day Program
- Teachers specialized in Special Education and/or Education of the Deaf
- Daily individual Speech-Language Therapy with ASHA certified therapists
- On-site Audiologist
- Physical Education, Art, and Library
- Parent Workshops
- Occupational and Physical Therapy services
- Extended year (12 month program)