The goal of the Elementary Program is to provide access to the New York State Curriculum and to prepare students for New York State mandated tests. Students receive instruction in the core subjects – Math, Social Studies, Science, and English – in the language that meets the communication needs of the child. The communication choices include American Sign Language (ASL), a Sign Support System, or spoken English. We expect that each student will develop into a productive and responsible citizen and member of society.
The ability to meet the specialized learning needs of the child is what makes Cleary School for the Deaf an exceptional learning institution. Our students receive the same educational opportunities as their hearing peers.
• Teachers Certified in Deaf or Special Education
• Individualized Education Program (IEP)
• Small Class Ratio Size
• Speech and Language Therapy
• Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy and Counseling
• Courses in Physical Education, Computer, Art, Health, Library and Dance
• Educational Resource Services • Technology Rich Environment • Cooperative Classroom Environments • Interpreted Field Trips and Assemblies
• After School Tutoring in Reading
• Science and Math Clubs • Social Programs • Child Centered Team
Meetings • Access to Parent
Educator and Social Worker