Coordinator of the Secondary Program is vital to Cleary School for the Deaf, a 4201 School. The program is housed in the East Islip Middle and High School. The coordinator is expected to direct and coordinate educational, academic, life skills, and internship programs to meet NYS graduation requirements. This includes ensuring students’ Individual Education Plan (IEP) is met while placed within diverse populations. The position requires collaboration of Cleary, East Islip, and BOCES programs. Duties include but not limited to mentoring, evaluating, and supervising teachers, teacher assistants, interpreters, related service providers, and administrative staff. Coordinator must demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the most effective instructional practices for students especially who are deaf and hard of hearing.
Master’s degree in teaching, K-12 teaching certificate, certification in school administration—SBL or SAS, minimum of three years teaching experience. Demonstrated success in communicating and collaborating with teachers as well as with school, district, and community leaders.
Documents required: cover letter, resume, and copies of certifications.
Send cover letter, resume, and copies of certifications to:
In your EMAIL SUBJECT LINE write: Coordinator - Secondary Program
POSITION: Preschool Substitute Teacher
NOTE: This is a temporary leave replacement for a preschool classroom.
Start Date: May 1, 2015
· NYS Certified Special Education Teacher and/or
· NYS Certified Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
· Knowledgeable in strategies used in an auditory-oral program
· Knowledge of AVT preferable
· Familiarity with American Sign Language preferred
REPORTS TO: Principal
HOURS: 8:30 AM to 3:00 PM or as needed
• Maintains a safe classroom environment conducive to learning
• Creates lesson plans in line with preschool curriculum
• Employs instructional methods and materials most appropriate to the age and cognitive level of the students in order to achieve the goals stated in the lesson plan
• Utilizes the assistant assigned to the room to learn the classroom management and/or behavior plan of the class, ensuring consistency for the students
• Follows the class schedule as posted in the room
• Completes attendance forms and records data as necessary
• Familiarizes self with the established safety procedures (student arrival/dismissal, fire drills, etc.) of the school
• Carry out responsibilities of teacher as requested by administration
How to Apply:
Send letters cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
In the subject line write: Preschool Substitute Teacher
Send letters of interest, cover letter and resume to:
In the subject line write, as applicable:
Substitute Teacher, Substitute Teaching Assistant, or Substitute Custodian